Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sawyer Update

We're home! Finally. After five days in the hospital, we all enjoyed sleeping under the same roof last night. These pictures are of Sawyer after they took his IVs out and we got him dressed. He was giving us this sweet little hopeful smile, like "Really? Are we going to leave?"



After a long test where he had to be under anesthesia, we found out that he has a partial blockage between his kidney and bladder. There's a possibility he'll have to have surgery... we'll find out more when we meet with the pediatric urologist on Monday. Until everything is taken care of, he's on oral antibiotics 2x/day. Definitely a trade up from IV meds.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, food, and babysitting for Hudson. We appreciate it so much.

6 comments:

Jonathan and Janessa said...

I'm glad he's home now. Is the blockage temporary like a kidney stone? I hope he keeps improving and you have good news when you meet with the urologist.

Kara said...

Hi, Erin. It's Kara (Durham) Marx. My mom told me about your post. She thought it would interest me since it sounded similar to my case as a child. I'm glad they found out what was wrong with Sawyer and that it will hopefully be taken care of. My reflux wasn't found out for years, which resulted in my kidney transplant. I'm glad medicine is more advanced these days. I hope all goes well with Sawyer and that the blockage can been fixed.
-Kara

P.S. Your boys are adorable!

Courtnie said...

We'll keep you in our prayers. Wish we were there to help! Erin, enjoy your birthday and do something fun to take a break from all this. You deserve it!

Coby & Ash said...

YAY!!! I'm sooooo glad your little man is finally home!!! Keep me updated on the news and I will keep him in my prayers!!!

Emily Heider said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Kidney problems are horrible. :-( I'm so glad you guys were able to go home and give him oral antibiotics though. Good luck!

Taralee said...

Happy birthday today...even though I said it on FB :)

I'm so sorry to hear all of this. I feel your pain. Halle had to go to the hospital a couple days after she turned 1 and she (and I) were there for 5 days, too. It's hard but I'm glad they got to the bottom of it! I hope things go well from now on with it.

I hope you had a wonderful Bday!